Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Monetary Update!

Hey everyone! What’s the craic? (Translation: What’s new with you?) I hope this finds you all well and enjoying spring. I know this season can be crazy; finishing up school work, final exams, planning for the summer, starting staff training for camps—it’s nuts! Belfast is no different. My ‘kids’ at the church are all studying hard for their end-of-year tests, the members at the WAVE Centre are all planning holidays and family trips, and everyone is anxious for the weather to get warm! (Does it get warm here? The jury’s still out; I’ll let you know!)

With all that’s been going on, I realized that I haven’t sent out a monetary update in a while. First of all, as always, thank you so much for your donations! You have all helped me raise just over $6,440! This is incredible! I’m well over two thirds of the way to my overall goal of $9,000. However, as incredible as this is, I am over a thousand dollars short of my next fundraising goal; the YAV Office has set a goal for $7,500 to be in by May 15. That’s this Saturday. Now, as mind-blowing as it would be to raise $1,060 in three days, if this doesn’t happen I won’t get deported. But it doesn’t mean that we can’t try! I still need monetary support. You all have been so generous, and I can’t thank you enough for that. Please continue to donate. No amount is too small (or too large!) and the easiest way to make a tax-deductible donation is to simply go the YAV homepage at www.pcusa.org/yav. Click ‘Support A YAV’ on the right-hand side of the screen, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click ‘Lynnea Hunter’ and follow the instructions.

I hope you continue to enjoy the stories and photos that I post here, and thanks for checking them out. I sure enjoy living them! Thank you all so much, again, for all your support! I definitely feel your thoughts and prayers everyday! God bless!

Síocháin (Peace...)

No comments:

Post a Comment