Thursday, October 1, 2009

Today I Rode My Bike...

That's right. I rode my bike. Well, not really my bike, per se, really more like the house bike, but none the less, I successfully rode it from my house to work, and back again. As anyone who's known me very long will tell you, this is quite a feat. Bikes and I don't really have the best of working relationships (or any relationship, for that matter.) I have a tendency to end up in the hospital or at least in the infirmary, and rides are usually accompanied with lots of choice words. And that's riding on a bike trail in the States, not navigating traffic at night in a foreign city that's not that friendly towards bikers to begin with where people drive on the "wrong" side of the road. It was a small accomplishment, but an accomplishment still. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying keeping up with all your adventures on your blog, Lynnea. While you are so far from home you remain very close in my prayers--for your health and safety, for your spiritual growth and development, and last but certainly not least for all the adventures you are having and the wonderful friends you are making. Wear your helmet when you ride, anywhere, and keep those blogs and pics coming. Great to hear all about things there!
    love and hugs,
    phyllis

    ReplyDelete